Friday, March 28, 2008

EVEN THE FALLING OF A LEAF...

EVEN THE FALLING OF A LEAF…

Almost two decades ago, I attended a seminar where something the lecturer said, kept me thinking. And wondering.

She said that everything in the universe is connected. Anything that happens somewhere somehow affects something else in some other place. Like a pebble thrown in the water that sends ripples and ripples and ripples...

Even the falling of a leaf, she said and told the following story that sticked to my mind and that I became so fond of I kept retelling it to others who care to listen, unmindful of whether they believe the tale or not. I like it, incurable romantic that I am...

There was this caterpillar, creeping its merry way deep in the forest. Wherever it was going, it knew that it was almost there. When suddenly, the wind blew and leaves fell. One particular leaf landed in front of the caterpillar. Immediately, the caterpillar changed its direction and crept over a log lying in its path.

Almost at the same moment, a man stopped in front of the log. Seemingly tired, the man sat on the log and unknowingly crushed the caterpillar.

When the man got home, he found out about the stain in his pants. He then brought this pair to the laundry shop and there met a young lady who later on became his wife.

Out of this union was born a son who became a president of the United States, Richard Nixon.

Even the falling of a leaf…

Like cause and effect…

Like everything that happens has a purpose… for us… or for other people… that we may understand…

Like the next kwento in my blog this April…

Abangan!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eve:

    As I was reviewing and checking what articles you wrote that I missed, I came across this 2008
    Article"The Falling of a Leaf" it was short but it brought out something inside me that one day I
    Will share with you. The article, your article inspired me no end and brought back so many
    memories.
    Yes, I do believe that every thing that happens has a reason. We cannot question
    God's wisdom. We just need to be sensitive to our surroundings and listen in silence
    to our heart. Hear the message of the wind softly kissing our cheecks; listen to the
    Sound of the thunder that awakens something in us, or even make us await for the gentle touch of the
    raindrops..... Endless other things. All we need do is to remain silent.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete